Saturday, November 15, 2008

the ways I hurt myself....

yes, I am a klutz....I have a LONG history of being this way.
one of my earliest memories is of falling down stairs and hurting my arm...I was prolly 3...at my step-grammas house and got to close to the edge of the stairs..I remember quite vividly my vision vibrating as I bounced down the stairs...and I ended up at the hospital w/ a sling...
another incident w/ stairs was when I was 10, and I was at a pool party and it was late...I went to get some food and as I walked down the stairs from the porch to eat, I slipped on the wet wood and fell, hurting my back in the process...ended up in the ER...I was fine tho...
I have a history of various accidents..riding my bike down the hill behind my house when I was 10 or 11..I hit a rock & went ass over tea-kettle and had a massive scrape on my knee for the start of school..
when I was 9 I got hit in the eyebrow area w/ a rock..bratty kid threw it at me...have the scar 24 yrs later to show for it...
various ankle sprains thru the years...and MRI on the knee from falling down stairs 4x in one month...
fractured a toe from stepping wrong off (wait for it...) stairs...
and the coup degras breaking my ankle on BOTH sides when I twisted my ankle and fell, putting all my weight on it..I ended up needing surgery and became the proudowner of a plate and six screws..

My latest fiasco involves falling down stairs, I was coming down to shut off a light, after I had been dozing in bed, and whenI stepped, the edge of the stair hit the arch of my foot, causing me to slip & bounce on my ass, down about half of the stairs...and in the process, my right arm hit every other stair, and I DISLOCATED my shoulder.
OW-fucking-CH.
I knew it was not right.
I could NOT Move it...you could feel the muscles bulging forward unnaturally..and the PAIN was excruciating...
this was at 11 PM..call the hubby, and off to the ER we go...got there about 12:30 or so...took till 3 AM to see the DR and no pain killers till then.
none.
but then I got Fentanyl...which ROCKED the house...and something else too..
and they reset my shoulder...it hurt like a MOFO..I said some CHOICE words (sorry mom & gramma...I sounded like a drunken sailor) and when the joint when back into place, it felt GOOD. like heaven must feel....
I am still sore, and in a sling for a few weeks...BUT everything is back where God intended it to be...heh..and the bestest thing?
I got PERCOET babey...yehaww...I heart percs...I have never had them before...and I like them!!!!!!